Tuesday, November 14, 2006

MCR - Bournemouth 11/11/06

So, this Saturday I travelled to Bournemouth to see MCR for the seventh time, and they never fail to please! The only thing that does disappoint me is how short their set always is!

The gig was in the weirdest venue ever, reminded me and my friends of a school sports hall! We got let in fairly early and waited for a while before the support band, Pray for Silence, came on. They pretty much sucked, but that's becaused I hate support bands. It's just not the same when you don't know the music! My Chemical Romance came on and we couldn't have been happier! They opened with The End, the first track from the new album. They did most of the new album, which were all great live, and a few songs of each of their other 2 albums. I hate that they don't do Head First for Halos anymore, cos that's amazing live! Gerard's English accent made an appearance again. That's the third time in as many shows I've had to cringe at it. Nice try but don't give up your day job Gerard!

So all in all, great night!


Mikey and Gerard Way.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Awesome to see Gerard was wearing his outfit from 'Welcome To The Black Parade' video. They appeared to be wearing maroon blazers when I went to see MCR on Monday.

Unfortunately for us, the doors didn't open until an hour after they were supposed to, but the wait wasnt too bad.

The support act sang quite a few songs, i suppose it always seems a long time when your awaiting the main act.

This was the first time i've seen MCR live, they sounded gr8! I always find gigs never last as long as Concerts though.

I was disappointed they didnt sing 'Ghost Of You' & 'Disenchanted'. However inleast they performed quite a few songs from 'Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge'!

I never noticed Gerard's English accent, although you have to give him credit for his statements. I think he got quite fed up of the crowd throwing glow sticks on stage.

Its clear that he is the dominant member of the band. It would have been good to see the rest of the band engage with the audience more.

Reminds me of when Zane Lowe interviewed Gerard Way on MTV2 Gonzo a few weeks ago. The presenter kept saying My Chemical Romance, when clearly it was only the lead singer.

I wouldnt go as far as to say Gerard Way is My Chemical Romance. I was reading an article which said Gerard Way and Pals, lol. The media needs to give the rest of the members equal recognition.

Jodie said...

Ahh your first time? Cool! I wish they'd done 'teenagers' too that would have been quite funny live!

Gerard does tend to talk quite a lot and always manages to get the crowd going, but like u say it would be nice to hear some of the others too!

My Chemical Romance wouldn't be My Chemical Romance without all of te guys.