Friday, November 10, 2006

Motion in the Ocean

Just a short review of McFly's third album. I do like the album, but I'm not keen on the name!


We Are The Young - With a dramatic start, some great drumming and vocals, this song could make a future single I think.

Star Girl - The second single from this album, I loved it the minute I heard it. Good old McFly are back! Gotta love all the "Ooh ooh ooh ooooohs!"

Please, Please - Was the first single from the album, supposedly about Lindsey Lohan. Whoever it is or isn't about I like it

Sorry's Not Good Enough - Will always remind me of "Arena Karaoke" from the tour. All I can say is I love it!

Bubblewrap - Bit of a weird title but actually it's quite a nice ballad. Not one of their best though.

Transylvania - The beginning makes you wonder what the rest of the song is going to be like, and it does have some interesting vocals! But Dougie gets a nice little solo bit and he does well.

Lonely - I've read that some fans think this is slightly boring but I actually disagree. I think it's a good pop/rock ballad and the lyrics are really sweet, if not a little sad. Despite the intro sounding very similar to Obviously.

Little Joanna - A real sweet ballad with great vocals. And a few weird "Bum ba bums" on the end!

Friday Night - Slightly rockier than the rest of the album, Harry's drumming really stands out in this song. I don't know what it is but I really like this song.

Walk In The Sun - Acoustic sounding ballad. Not one of my faves on the album but I think it'll grow on me, it's good to relax to!

Home Is Where The Heart Is - Really good to sing along to, I'm glad they put this song on the album.

Oh, a couple more things; there's a "hidden track" which is just the live version of Silence Is A Scary Sound. Again. And it comes in a weird CD case with rounded edges that is kinds awkward to get into!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I quite like the new cd cases, but i agree its awkward to get the booklet out.

Whats happening to McFly, the standard edition only has eleven tracks. It's good to see James Bourne has learnt a hand writing 'We Are The Young' and 'Lonely'.

Not too pleased 'Transylvania' wont be released therefore i hope the 3rd single will be 'Sorry's Not Good Enough'.

I hope they don't opt for a greatest hits album next

Jodie said...

I agree with sorry's not good enough being a good single choice.

I hope they do a least another album BEFORE a greatest hits.