Thursday, March 23, 2006

Blog again.

Now last week I said I was going to try and update more often. Unfortunately that didn't go to plan as I've had a busy week, but I am going to try again.

Although I have found out something about Pandora that I didn't know last week; after you've listened to so much music they want you to register to carry on listening. Fair enough cos you can still listen for free. One problem. You can only register if you live in America. If I'd known that I wouldn't have skipped all the tracks I didn't like.

On the upside I bought the Panic! At the Disco album A Fever You Can't Sweat Out, today. I wasn't sure about buying it just from hearing one song as it seems pointless having an album you don't really like. But after hearing more of it at the weekend I thought I would like it. And Luckily I do. It's full of songs with really long names such as There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered Honey, You Just Haven't Thought of it Yet.

The sticker on the front of the CD case says:
Panic's catchy melodies are quite literally some of the most likeable songs you will hear all year. . .
which was taken from Spin.com. I'd agree with this. Although the songs are all pretty short (in time not title) they are all catchy. I'd like to tell you they sound like someone to give you more of an idea what they sound like but I can't think of anyone because they're fairly unique. Their MySpace page describes their music as rock/big beat/techno. Take from that what you will.

One more thing, they have a pretty interesting website. Take a look.

Picture taken from amazon.com

No comments: