Sunday, April 30, 2006

Give it a Name!

Once again I've had a little break in posting, but don't worry because I've got a treat for you today:



Give it a Name 2006 review!

Now if you don't know what it is, it's an all day gig that took place In London and Manchester this weekend, I however only went yesterday to London.

If you're particularly interested, here's the full line up:

1.30 : TAINT
2.15 : THE HONORARY TITLE
2.45 : THE BLED
3.20 : PARAMORE
3.55 : UNDEROATH
4.30 : DRIVE BY
5.05 : PANIC! AT THE DISCO
5.40 : MEN WOMEN AND CHILDREN
6.15 : THRICE
6.50 : BILLY TALENT
7.25 : ATREYU
8.30 : THE ATARIS
9.30 : MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE
10.30 FINISH!!!!!

There's a couple of bands in there that I hadn't heard of before and a couple that I'm not particularly a fan of so I didn't watch every single band.

The first band I watched were The Honorary Title, who I've admittedly never heard of before. They weren't too bad. Acoustic and quite indie sounding. I'd listen to their music when I'm relaxing.

I didn't watch The Bled, they're too screamo for me.

I did like Paramore. I think they're my type of music. They're the only band on the whole line up with a female lead singer. Their performance involved the audience clapping a lot but none the less was very enjoyable. I'm even thinking about getting their album, or "record" as they like to put it being American.

Underoath to be honest I can't remember because I was pretty much just waiting for Panic! at the Disco. Plus they were on the the main stage and I was a bit stuck in front of the smaller one.

That did mean I had a good view for Drive by when they came on. I quite like Drive by. I've seen them as a support act before but I don't usually take any notice of support bands! They're good live though, and the music's not band. Good old rock music, not too heavy and none of the screaming.

Next up: Panic! at the disco. They were on the main stage too and I couldn't quite manage to get in front of it. They were still great. They don't mess around though. No chit chat in between songs like most bands, they didn't introduce themselves until the last song! They don't sound a lot different to the album apart from a few lyric changes on the odd song. They seemed quite popular with the crowd as I could hear quite a few people singing along. Was good to see them so soon after becoming a fan.

Men women and children
were, how shall I put it...interesting! Quite different to any of the other bands. My friend's a massive fan but I'm not sure. The most memorable part of their performance was the song in which they sing something like "We're monkey, monkey men and we really are your friends" to which the audience had to respond "We're monkeys, we're monkeys, we're monkeys". If you say so!

Sorry but I didn't watch Thrice, Billy Talent or Atreyu either.

We decided it'd be a good idea to get a good place during The Ataris. They seemed quite popular with the crowd. The security must have hated the lead singer though because he decided to jump off the stage and try and crowd surf.

Then finally, what I'd been waiting for all day. My Chemical Romance. They were everything I expected, and more. But their set wasn't very long, but I guess nor was any of the other bands. I'm a bit disappointed the didn't do Head first for Halos as it's amazing live. But I guess they were short on time. According to Gerard it was the first gig they'd done in 4 months but it seemed liked they'd never been away. The crowd seemed pretty happy. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan, they were the headliner. Definitely my fave act of the day. Didn't think much of Gerard's English accent though!

Oh, speaking of English accents, there wasn't one English band!

2 comments:

Scott said...

Whats it like over acorss the pond?

Jodie said...

What's what like?

If you mean the weather, it was nice and sunny and warm today!