Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Matt's back!

Recognise this guy? That's right, it's Matt Willis, former member of Busted. I know what you're all thinking, but Matt's back. Charlie Simpson has Fightstar, James Bourne has Son of Dork. And 16 months after Busted split, Matt's going solo. His first single, Up All Night is due out May 22nd.

It's slightly rockier than Busted, but I'd still call it pop. While it does have that Busted vibe about it, and no doubt anything they do is going to be compared, it has its own sound. The song suits Matt's voice. It's upbeat, catchy and yes, I like it. I think it has the potential to do quite well in the charts. But you never can tell these days.

I also happen to have heard another of Matt's songs. It's called Broken. I don't know if it'll be on his album or not. But it's a nice rock ballad with plenty of soft guitars and a good drum beat. It's a beautiful song, if not a little sad. I'm definitely a fan.

And guess what? Matt's got himself a MySapce page. Take a look to hear clips of a few of his tracks.

Picture taken from Matt Willis' MySpace page.

2 comments:

Freak said...

I'm so glad Matt's back! I was a big fan of Busted (as sad as that may sound). I went to their last ever concert, I still have the ticket .. . Matt is looking good in that pic :)

Jodie said...

It's good to know I'm not the only one! Hope you like the music. I went to the second to last concert they did, it was a matinee the same day.