Monday, April 17, 2006

Where's the pleasure with you?

Firstly, apologies for the break in posting. I've had a very busy week and haven't had a chance to get online. But now I'm back and I'm going to make up for it. Shall we say a review every day this week? I'll see what I can do.

So, I said I was going to try and find new music via the internet and so far I've used internet music shops to buy CDs, I've used MySpace and band websites and also websites that create "radio stations" with music you like.

Any other ways I can find music? Good old word of mouth! A friend of mine has been recommending Protocol to me and pretty much anyone who'll listen for months. And its worked. I've heard a bit of their single, Where's the pleasure, and have been meaning to check out more of their music for a while. So that's what I did. I popped over to their official website for a listen.

The first song I listen to was Where's the pleasure, which is one of those songs: once you listen to it, you can't get it out of your head! The beginning sounds a bit like Franz Ferdinand, but once the vocals kick in, it has a unique sound. The vocals are very distinctive, especially the chorus line "Where's the pleasure with you?" The tune is also extremely catchy.

I had a bit of a problem getting the music to play on the website so I went to their page on faithful MySpace. There I listened to a remix of Love is my drug. It starts off quite dancey, but I guess that's the remix? Again it was quite catchy once the vocals started. It sounds like something I've heard before but I can't quite think what. Not sure what genre I'd put them into but it's quite poppy. The sound of the vocals make their songs quite unique and the songs are catchy, the type that makes you want to dance.

Favourite song I listened to: Deborah: Fast and catchy with a good beat.


Picture courtesy of: www.myspace.com/protocol

No comments: